Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Removing Colors from Wind Maps 4 years 5 months ago #623

• rfe3
  • rfe3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I would like to say that the XyGrib is a super program, I ran across it about a month ago and am very pleased with it. I would like to know if it's possible to view only the Altitude Wind Barbs (200mb &500mb) with out the color? I haven't been able to find a way to view a "Black & White" Altitude Chart with Wind Barbs & Geopotential Isolines. It works with the Surface analysis charts (MSLP). I print these out for analysis and marking and the colors make it difficult.

thanks,
Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Removing Colors from Wind Maps 4 years 5 months ago #626

• DomH
  • La voile est ma passion
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi,
This is not possible now. It wilk be added to the todolist for a future version.

The only way now is to use "jet stream colors" in the menu map atmospheric -> options which has default colors

You can modify the colors in a way to have no color in /openGribs/XyGrib/data/colors/colors_wind_jet_kts.txt (exact location of the folder depend of the OS you are using and parameters of installation.

for instance
0 255 255 255
400 0 0 0
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rfe3

Last edit: by DomH.

Removing Colors from Wind Maps 4 years 5 months ago #627

• rfe3
  • rfe3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try

Edit:
Tried it and it works, it would be nice if it were an option in the future.

thanks,
Rick

Last edit: by rfe3. Reason: additional comment

Removing Colors from Wind Maps 4 years 5 months ago #628

Hi Rick,
While following this thread and trying myself to view altitude winds without the colour background, I realised that we may have a logic bug here.
The altitude wind barbs are only available for selection if one of the colour maps is selected (temp, rh, wind). The option to select altitude winds should be active at all times
I'll open an issue on this matter.
Thanks,
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: rfe3

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top